March 04, 2006

up and up

Going up in the mountains for the first time. The plan is to do Allabhal (AL-lu-val) and Barcabhal (BAR-ku-val), but I'm not sure in what order... I'm just going to follow Chris. If you have Google Earth and some spare time, you should be able to see them no problem. Apparently the whole trek will take about 5-6 hrs.

I spent yesterday afternoon engaged in all out war with the local children. As mentioned previously, the snow has remained on the ground, and prompted the kids to attack mercilessly anything that moves with a barrage of snowballs. Their favourite targets include Canadians and Land Rovers. I managed to pacify them briefly with the idea of building a snowman... actually I believe it was a snowwoman named Hally. Then they thought it would be a good idea to gang up on me and shove snow down my jacket and in my hat. I put up a solid resistance, and got them all back one by one (the oldest was 9 I believe). At the end of it all I was more tired than if I'd been following goats at Harris. Have to be careful though... or I'll end up babysitting the rugrats everytime I'm in the village ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

well ian if its still snowing when u get over here ill kick ur ass at a snowball fight hows tha sound :P good to hear things goin fine , sorry bout not posting anything lately , had the internet taken from after a incident with an ex girlfriend GRRR anyway every here is fine and hope your doin good too , hope to see you later on this month , cya
P.S - No football this week , games cancelled due to heavy snow

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home