January 25, 2006

a beautiful day

it truely was... sunny, crystal clear (i could see N. and S. Uist in the distance) and a slight wind, which was from the north (meaning cold). Out at 8:30am to watch my pets, got to know a lot more of them today. Around 11 I followed Leslie around while she took pictures (I was 'goated out' by then... I can only learn about 6-7 per day or they all start to look the same again). I decided to take advantage of the day and walk into town for this evening's festivities (Robbie Burns day), since Annie was going anyway (home for the weekend). Tomorrow I volunteered myself to aid with the stalkers and guilles out in the hills. Most likely I'll be leading a pony, but maybe I can drag a deer or something cool.
Got up to relieve myself around 4am this morning and stood dumbstruck at the sky. Never have I seen such. If it wasn't for the numbing wind, I would have spent several hours out there... but my nice warm sleeping bag was calling.

another post Saturday...

and for christ's sake... a Conservative government??? Voters need to be slapped. but hahaha, I'm safe in Scotland.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Ian, I did my best to keep the Conservatives out lol, oh well maybe by the time you return in 2-5 years things will be different ;)

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ian,

I guess there is no better place to celebrate Robbie Burns Day. Your winter weather sounds better than ours at present and we have a cold, brisk wind here as well.
Sounds like you are in for a very unique education with the stalkers. Did Leslie come out from the village to take pictures?
I envy some of the opportunities you have with this time on Rum. However, I can't say I would wish for some of your hardships.

Take care of yourself.

Love, Mum

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings!
just wanted to leave you a short note that i am alive, and have got your emails, and am currently buried under grad school apps.

take care man.
~ed
btw try to stay at the top of the food chain over there, i'm pretty sure i could train a goat to discriminate more than 7 people in a 24 hour session. I don't want to worry abuot them outsmarting you :)

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian,i guess with your outlook on Canadian politics you are in the right place.Hopefully after a few months there you will start to think with a clear head.Remember if you need a change maybe this country does as well.ALL JOKING ASIDE good to see you are enjoying your space.Keep up the good work and when you are out in the clear night air let out what your grandfather would call the SALMON RIVER HOOP followed by NICE OLE BEAR.Talk to you later.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

hey ian good to hear everything is going ok.by the way hearts beat hibs yesterday 4-1 absolutely brilliant 2 goals 4 hartley, 1 for skacel and 1 for elliot !!!! and i won 3-2 today against the team that beat us 4-0 wen u were here, we were 2-1 down and came back , i set up 2 and scored 1. go me !! lol anyway hope everuthings goin good.talk to you soon.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

ok... forgive the late reply. the internet was (still is in most parts) down in the village since wednesday. thanks for the replies, check the new post for more details.

chris, i saw the results of the hearts game on the tele in the castle... i had my scarf on too.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home