February 12, 2006

found my stride

Although my favourite day has always been Thursday, this week it Friday stood up and took charge. Down at Harris I collected the most (and accurate) data so far, had a lovely (yet chilly) walk into town and a simply unbeatable time at the Shop. It was the 'young' crowd's turn to go out, and boy did we put on a clinic. There is some Isle of Rum gossip circulating regarding myself and Kim (she has a boyfriend, btw) so we decided to fuel the fire. As it turns out, my pants ripped while we were dancing to TOOL (thrashing about is better description) and provided the perfect situation, as we were alone in the hall when it happened. lol.
I finally unraveled the mystery surrounding my camera: it's being held in Inverness until I pay £89.75 in VAT tax (value added tax) and a holding fee. Customs thought it was a new camera and assigned the import duty to it. The situation should be resovled Monday when I call London and yell (politley) at them. So... within a week or two I can add some visual content to this lovely blog.
Back to the data collection. I'm finally confident in what I'm observing and how to record it, so it's no longer even a slight bother to follow these 'minging' beasts around the hills. I also took adavantage of some alone time with Lesley (supervisor) and Ed (Warden) to express my personal interest in aiding with the goat cull and annual count, as well as some minor horticultural projects planned for the village. I've got some busy months ahead :)

oh yes... I also made a lovely soup from carrots, red lentils, potato, and a few packs of 'brown sauce' kicking around the castle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

it's all settled, just have to wait another week or two... but the charges are dropped. i'll busy myself with goat work for the time being.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home