July 20, 2006

Gong Show

it never ceases... third week of work and there is still debate about our contract and rate of pay. It's not all bad this time though. I have a mountain of paper work ahead of me (which won't go throught until I'm finished here) and a potential interview with some one from HM Revenue, but it should amount to a substantial pay raise (to almost £10/hr) which is well deserved considering the work involved here. Yesterday Marcel and I dragged 3 stags from what can only be considered an obsurd height to the pony track below. It was 37 C.

Then, to top it all off, I decided it would be a great idea to stick a knife in my thumb while skinning my first deer. A momentary laspe of concentration compounded heavily by the preceding 11hrs in the sun and I found myself with almost an inch of metal in the base of my favourite digit. I definately hit the muscle, it feels like your shoulder does when you get a vaccination and it hurts to move. It could have been much worse though... apparently the thumb is the only finger that has an artery. The bleeding stopped and it doesn't look infected (odd, considering I was wrist deep in deer guts at the time) so I'll just take it easy for a few days :)

So as you can see, it's business as usual on Rum.

Oh, a special shout out to all those birthdays I missed in the past few months... Jeff, Tom, Jess and others I can't think of right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home