April 13, 2006

in Edinburgh for the day

For any of those who have never been, it's an absolutely beautiful city. Took a wee stroll along Princes St and through the park gardens, then headed to the Canadian Consulate office to inquire about a new passport. I'm still not 100% sure of who I was talking to as the Office was inside a law firm or something, but she handed me some official Canadian documents and walked me through the process (even recommending some places to get photos taken). Since no one knows me in Scotland, I had to get some random partner of the firm to sign my documents ensuring the good people at Passport Canada that I am indeed Ian Fraser MacDonald. Watching him read over the form made me wonder why I even considered Law School.
Met a cute woman (Sophie) working the front desk who is going to Indonesia for 5 months to study orangutans in the jungle. We chatted a bit about the trials and tribulations of field research and our respective Masters programs, and I left feeling a little jealous... I'd rather watch primates than goats.

My electronic devices have dried out, and only the camera batteries seem to be buggered. They can't hold a charge anymore. Could be worse :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The batteries may be OK if you're charging them while still in the camera. Try drying out the connector to the USB cable with a small piece of tissue paper. If it's stil damp in there, the battery won't charge fully.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

they're cooked, they make crunching noises when you handle them.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home