September 06, 2006

left a piece of me in the highlands

Well... that's it. My time on Rum has finished for now. We had the mother of all leaving ceilidhs on Friday and I got to my bed sometime around half five. Vaguely remember drinking Jack Daniels out of a shoe, sucking some out of a sock (Lois had spilt her drink) and wrestling with Annie. Come Monday things were a little more sombre, and we had a tearful goodbye with Sandy and Fliss before catching the boat. I left a huge piece of my heart on Rum, and promised to go back and reclaim it in the future.

So... where am I now? Well, physically I'm in Edinburgh packing for a trip to Newcastle (meet and greet with Annie's friends and family) and a week in Bulgaria. Mentally, I'm sound as a pound. I can't wait for our holiday, it one thing I've actually earned.

Ah yes... I've finally been published. Twice actually. Once in the Royal Society of London and again on the New Scientist website. Feels nice. If anyone wants a proper .pdf I can email it to you ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and on to the next adventure! Congrat's on being published (and yes e-mail me the pdf's).

Bulgaria has a beach??? An 80 year old friend of mine is originally from Bulgaria - his life reads like the original "imposter". He has a habit of lapsing into Bulgarian when he's talking to me. It's worse yet when his son's visit from the Czech Republic and they mix Bulgarian and Czech...I gave up.

Have a nice holiday - it will be another nice culture shock for you!

Take care
Garry

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home