September 28, 2006

First week in Liverpool

Moved into the below address on Sunday evening. Registered for the MSc program Monday afternoon, and had intro talks on Tuesday. Our group is massive, and the staff is a little overwhelmed with our number (25). They figured roughly 20% of those who accept never bother to show, but this year it was 100%. We met the profs and ackwardly met each other over a lunch provided. It was quite humerous to watch... all these little circles of 3-4 people in a large square room, with the only way to successfully penetrate being a direct assualt or lurking about on the fringe until someone adjusted accordingly. Some Uni natives lead us on a brief campus tour (libraries, sports center etc) then to one of the many campus pubs. This was when we really got to know one an other. Well, that turned into a pub crawl, and I ended up walking home with some new mates around 4:30am. It was great. Never have I been surrounded by so many like-minded individuals... everyone loves evolution and human behaviour. I got more of a buzz of the atmosphere than the beer.

Fantastic.

Doing my first MSc related readings in the library today, and heading to Leeds to vist Annie for the weekend.

ah yes... I added some new pictures from the spring and summer. Follow the link on the right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ian, awesome to see you back online.

Really great pictures of rum, I'm envious and it must have been a great time.

Glad to hear about the MSc, hope it's workin out well so far.

When are you accepting visitors? I've got some vacation time left and wanna party somewhere.

I'm workin on puttin together my own blog, check it out if you get a chance.

www.denispitcher.com

Great to know your continuin your quest, when u get a chance, pop me a msg.

All the best,

Denis

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home