March 25, 2006

Wow... no rugby scrum, but the ceilidh was a blast. I think I may be turning into a Croft No. Five groupie. If you haven't checked them out yet, go here and you can download some songs (I think). Paul was kind enough to let people have a rip on his makeshift kit (a floor tom for a bass drum, which sounded awesome) so myself and Garry jammed out a Hendrix tune and some various other traditional songs that just left me holding a pair of brushes with a confused look on my face. Can't wait for the festival.

I've started helping out in the castle kitchen, under the watchful eye of Head Chef Norman (the only chef). Yesterday was my first go and I don't think I've ever peeled so many potatoes. Got some good cooking tips, which is why I volunteered in the first place, and I'm going back this afternoon for round two. Other than that things are pretty laid back at the moment. I think this is the lull before the storm (ie. tourist season).

cheers

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've listened to a few of Croft's tunes off the net and thought they were great. If I were to buy one of their CD's, which would you recommend?

Talk to you later today.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

'Talk of the Future'

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the link where I found some sample tunes. They also list three other albums (one no longer available).

http://www.croftnofive.com/MUSIC.htm

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home