October 01, 2007

quick update for anyone who still bothers reading this...

Went to Liverpool for a few days last week. Said goodbye to Robin (moving to Oxford) and hit up the Cavern Club with some friends, which is always a good night out. Back in Edinburgh now and getting ready for my National Insurance number interview somewhere in the city this afternoon. (don't worry, I'll find the place).

Got some disappointing news on the weekend - without formal training in philosophy (ie another Masters) the Philosophy department at Stirling won't take me on as a PhD student. This was to been expected. However, I am travelling to St. Andrews some time next week to meet another interested professor and discuss ideas. Hopefully this pans out...

George has been kind enough to give me a weeks work starting on Wednesday. Mad hours (10-11/day) but good pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home