August 10, 2007

the tentative plan

Stirling... heading there in September to look for a job while I sort out PhD and funding issues. I've always loved Scotland and it's high time I do what I want to do. Stirling is a beautiful place and in the ideal location - close to Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Highlands. Quality.

I've heard back from some of the profs I contacted last week, and things look encouraging. Later today I'm having a phone conversation with someone at St. Andrews (who co-authors papers with Noam Chomsky on the evolution of language) regarding potential projects next year. Also, someone in the Philosophy department at Stirling Uni is interested in reading my theory in order to decided whether or not I could enter the PhD in Philosophy program without any formal philosophical training. Need to put a rush on that one as a copy must go to yet another individual at St. Andrews as well (who specializes in Niche Construction theory).

Project is coming along fine. Got my control group data yesterday. Only thing is I'm not too sure how to analyze my data set. Time to visit Robin. Next week I'm heading to Edinburgh for a few days to hit the festival with George and Yvonne. It also gives me an opportunity to start carting some of the junk I've amassed out of Liverpool and up north.

I'm doing well. Thanks to those who have sent emails and what not... it's always nice to hear from friends and family, and know that one is not alone despite being thousands of kilometres away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home